Saturday, June 1, 2013

Schedules, Schedules, Schedules

Happy June 1st!

That means it's only four days until I leave for the beautiful Mexico City! Many of you asked about my schedule and plans for the next few months, so here are all the answers (that I know so far)...We know how God changes our plans constantly, so I'm not too sure how accurate this will be five minutes from now.

The next four days are packed full of goodbyes, letter writing, studying/fasting/meditating on God's word, road trips, and cramming my belongings into a tiny suitcase. Then, the real adventure starts!

My flight leaves on Wednesday at 7am Virginia time. I have an hour layover in Atlanta, then fly into Mexico City! I arrive in Mexico at 12:30pm (Mexico City time-an hour behind VA).

That night starts a two day orientation where I will take Spanish placement tests, start classes, meet my team/team leaders, meet my host family, and be placed in a ministry. For two months I will be working in this ministry daily, venturing around Mexico, speaking Spanish constantly, and learning more about our Maker!! I'm excited to serve alongside 11 other individuals from all over Canada/United States for these two months! Don't worry, I will have plenty of incredible stories to share.

On the afternoon of August 2nd, I will leave Mexico City for six weeks and head back to Richmond. Starting August 3rd, I will be speaking at churches/youth groups, fundraising, visiting friends and family, and sharing my experiences. If your church or group would like to hear from me, please email me at amanda.krzywicki@live.longwood.edu. I would love to partner with you and your organization through Latin America Mission! I will be in the States August 3rd-September 17th.

On the morning of the 17th, I will go back to Mexico until August 2014 for the YearOut Program. I am fully funded for the Summer Immersion Program, but am actively searching for supporters for the YearOut Program. It is $1,100 a month starting in September that covers room and board, as well as any in-country expenses. If you would like to support me, whether that is one-time or monthly, it is greatly appreciated. I sincerely love each one of you and your generous spirits. Your prayers and support are necessary in this time in my life.

Please pray this week specifically for our safety, the other eleven participants, the LAM staff, our team leaders, and the people of Mexico City. As always, thank you for your kind words and inspiring hearts. I would not be here without you and what you have done in my life.

If I do not get a last chance to write on Tuesday, I will update once I arrive! It most likely will be in a couple weeks once I get settled!

Thanks for reading!

With lots of love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment