Sunday, September 15, 2013

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Gloria a Dios! (Glory to God) This week has been a phenomenal week of “see-you-laters,” support-raising, and hugs. You all truly inspire me and keep me going during this time of preparation!

During my last week in the States, God has been revealing himself in amazing ways. On Thursday, I had the privilege of going back to Longwood University and speaking at BCM (a campus organization that I was heavily involved with during my undergraduate career). The overflowing joy and encouragement in that room on Thursday was more than I could have ever fathomed. My campus minister asked me to speak about life as a missionary, but for some reason I couldn't get over the fact that being a missionary is not just about laboring. Therefore, I talked about being in “sponge mode” for Jesus as we live out our daily lives by soaking up His holy presence. I think that a huge part of life as a missionary is soaking up His love, forgiveness, and grace. Being a missionary is not just “doing,” it’s “being.”

While remaining in sponge mode myself, I have grown in thanksgiving for how the Lord is preparing me for my official placements. I will be working at the Centro del Recobro, which is a safe house for women and children with mental disabilities who have been abandoned or abused. My second placement is with Mana, which is an after-school program for underprivileged children. Both of these placements are incredibly exciting, and I can’t wait to share stories with you about both!

If you do not already receive my monthly newsletters via email, please contact me at Amanda.krzywicki@live.longwood.edu. I would be happy to add you. If you would also like to take part of my prayer team, contact me as well. This is for individuals who commit to praying for me on a regular basis and have asked to receive specific prayer requests on an immediate-need basis.

As I count down the hours to my 9:30am departure on Tuesday, please continue to pray for me, my placements, my new host family, and Mexico City. Pray for my other team members who are anxiously waiting to see how the Lord is going to work through them in Mexico, as well. Pray for our safety, smooth travels, health, and final preparations as we deploy. Once again, thank you for your love and prayers. I will hopefully update my blog within the next month or so!

Until then, adios y Dios te bendiga! (Goodbye and God bless you!)



Ps. I would love to invite you to the next fundraiser held at St. Marks United Methodist Church (1151 Lucks Lane, Midlothian, VA, 23114) on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26TH FROM 11AM-2PM. The UMM have committed to helping me fund raise by selling BBQ chicken dinners for anyone in the area. If you love BBQ, supporting missions, and live near Richmond, please stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment